Sunday, January 25, 2009

getting to know the Holy Spirit

Lately I have been hungering for a deeper relationship with the Holy Spirit. Just seeking Him this last 2 months have been pretty exciting for me. Nothing particularly amazing has happened, but a definate new revelation of who I am in Christ is starting to present itself, amongst other things.

Today at church my friend Chrissy shared her Top 10 list of "why we need Holy Spirit filling". Every single point was so great that I wanted to share it! These aren't in any particular order.

Top 10
Why we need to be filled with the Holy Spirit
10. TO PROTECT & GUIDE US
9. TO CONVICT US WHEN WE SIN
8. TO HEAL
7. TO BE SET APART
6. FOR COMPANIONSHIP / COMFORT
5. HOPE
4. JOY & PEACE
3. TO OVERCOME THE ENEMY
2. TO TEACH US...COUNCIL US (give us words, wisdom, discernment)
1. TO REVEAL GOD TO US...HIS MISTERIES...HIS TRUTH

No comments:

Post a Comment