Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chicago & baby shower

Having my grandma on my heart lately, I left my boys to fly up to Chicago for a weekend to spend some time with her. She is definitely one of my most favorite people in the world but to give you the reason's why would take days, so i'm just gonna sum it up with...because. Being a daddy's girl, having him there with me was the icing on top. I haven't spent a weekend with just my pops since I was a teenager! As soon as I was picked up from the airport, we left to spend the weekend on Lake Geneva in Wisconsin...just me, dad, Grandma & Grandpa, Aunt & Uncle, Sister, her hubby and my niece. Again, to tell you why this weekend was really special and what a freakin blast I had would take days. All I can say is being there made me appreciate my family on both sides (mom & dad) so much! Both sides are so similar yet so very different at the same time. Many times I feel like I fit into my California side so well, but this weekend I noticed how much I really fit into my Chicago side as well. My heart is so full of love for my BIG and undeniably special family...everyone a little crazy, but everyone bringing so much life and significance to our whole bunch. It wouldn't be the same without even 1 person. This weekend is definitely unforgettable.


my daddy

my little grandma


For the last 12 1/2 years I've lived with boys...my husband, and the last 3 1/2 years, my son. I've loved every minute of it and took pride in saying "my boys!" Finding out I was going to have a little girl, I've been a little confused on how to feel, but the more i've thought about little dresses, dollies and pink stuff, i've been getting kinda anxious about meeting this little one. Then, last weekend, 2 very special girl friends threw me a little intimate baby shower that pushed me into this over excited, heart fully pounding, can't wait to meet my daughter stage! Coral Love, mommy can't wait to meet you!


Kelly & Teri, you made the day so special. Love you with all my heart.

my mama. my heart.

missing a few here but these girlfriends mean more to me than anything. we've been meeting every week for a few years now and have become so close. honestly, don't know what i'd do without them.

my amazing niece emily & super hero sister sandy (whom just had a mastectomy days before. look at that smile. cancer doesn't have her, she has it...being an overcomer runs in the women in my family, especially these women. seriously amazing.)

my other beautiful sister and nieces (holly, abby, ellie). wish i could describe each of their hearts. you'd be nothing but privileged to have them in your lives.

my twin in so many ways and favorite little sister katy and sweetest lindsay bobbitt whom i've known since before she was born. best family vacation and holiday memories with these two.

these girls have stuck by my side thru thick and thin the last several years of my life. lots of history and love with these 3. (brit, carissa, laurel)

one of my very best friends kelly whose really been with me thru it ALL. she'll definitely be my sidekick till we're 100!

happy shower. happy people. life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment