Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Besides David and I taking Jason to two of his favorite spots for breakfast and dinner...Nick's Deli in Seal Beach for his 911 breakfast burrito and Yard House in Long Beach, sat on the patio over-looking the harbor, I think we scored with giving him a pretty awesome gift...a little girl. That's right! The ultrasound showed GIRL!!! With tears in our eyes and the oohs and ahhs of my parents and niece being present, all I could think about was how this little girl is going to have her daddy wrapped around her finger one day. I can already imagine Jason and David rough housing (boys play rough, Jason says) and then how he'll totally soften as she wants to join in the play, gentle tickles and kisses on the belly. I can't wait!

So for this Father's Day blog, I want to share 5 of my favorite things about my Jason.

1.) The guy doesn't take anything serious in life! He truly lives a joyful life, always laughing and making jokes. When I worry or get too serious about something, it's impossible to stay that way around him. Though irritating at times, I really do appreciate it.

2.) How he makes a point every single day to thank me for being a good mama to his boy, feeding our family healthy home cooked meals everyday, and being an awesome wife. He makes it easy to want to always be a good mom and wife.

3.) How he tells me everyday that I'm beautiful. He calls me his hottie wife. :) Being a girl, there is always something that you don't like about yourself or something that you're self conscious about, but having someone tell me so often how HE see's me, it out weighs the stupid thoughts that I can have in my head about myself. He gives me self confidence.

4.) I love that Jason is always on the go and can never sit still. It definitely makes life with him never boring with all that he does on his days off...bike rides, beach, surfing, bbq's with family and friends, adventures, etc. Not to mention his OCD. You know the deep spring cleaning that you try to get to once or twice a year? Jason does that every day he has off. That one is very close to the top of my list.

5.) And last but not least, besides my dad for his kids, I've never seen so much love in one man's eyes for another like the way I see it in Jason for his son. Nobody makes David laugh and carry on like his daddy!

I took this picture Father's day night as Jason was singing David a bedtime song. He didn't know I was behind him. xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment